The Evolution of AR in Flooring in 2020
Many uses and users of Augmented Reality Flooring in 2020
Flooring is one of the many important elements that go into creating a beautiful living or work space. It might seem like a simple choice, but it is in fact quite difficult considering the vast varieties of flooring options available in terms of materials, colors, styles, and patterns. Usually, a customer would visit a flooring store or website, explore various designs and try to visualize them with their imagination based on the small samples or photos for which they are provided by the salesperson or the manufacturer.
In many cases, these visual aids are not enough and customers often find themselves regretting their purchase because their flooring did not turn out the way they imagined. Fortunately, advancements in technology are changing this situation forever and for better. The answer is: augmented reality for flooring visualizer app, and it’s quickly changing the way flooring retailers and manufacturers sell and market their flooring products to consumers.
How does Ar flooring work and What Makes It So Promising?
You might already be using apps like Snapchat and Instagram where you can place virtual objects in your world and add cool visual effects to your face. That’s done with the help of augmented reality or AR. But AR isn’t only for social apps, the technology applies to various other fields like interior design in which different room elements can be placed in the pictures of the real spaces to have an accurate idea of the final outputs. Flooring is one such design element that makes use of the trend to help customers choose the best options.
The AR flooring apps carry a lot of potential and extend many advantages to various users and not just the property owners.
Starting with the Customers
When it comes to shopping for flooring, different customers have different preferences. A homeowner, for example, would want it to be stylish and in-sync with other elements and decors. For a commercial space however, the owner may want the floors to lend a more professional look and feel. Apart from this basic variation based on the type of property, there may be specific flooring needs for:
- Remodelers: Renovations can be a huge undertaking. When a homeowner decides to replace the floors of various rooms and living spaces, they’re committing a lot of time for research and preperation. A flooring app can dramatically reduce the overall work and time required for researching the right floor.
- Sellers: A property owner who plans to sell his or her property in the near future may want to increase its value through some renovations. For instance, an old, boring and not-in-trend floor is what he or she may want to replace with something more modern and attention-grabbing. An AR-based flooring app can make it easier for the seller to explore unlimited choices conveniently and quickly before the final decision.
- Buyers: A property buyer may like a property, but may wish to replace some of the elements including flooring based on his or her preferences. In order to get it done quickly and while maintaining the match with other elements, he or she may find an AR app for flooring visualization quite useful.
- Investors: Investing in a property may bring in uninterrupted cash flow through renting. While doing so, an investor may want the floor of the property he or she invests in to be replaced within a set budget. So, the first step he or she may take is use augmented reality technology to narrow down the options that not just look good but are also pocket-friendly.
Many Ways AR Flooring Can Help
The primary benefit of shopping for floors using AR tools is that it provides an accurate preview of what they might buy. In addition, AR can help a customer to:
- Buy the Right Quantity: Estimating how many tiles or pieces required for flooring so that there is no wastage of material and cost is usually difficult. However, an AR app can help customers build a 2D floor plan according to their exact dimensions.
- Unlimited Comparisons: With just a single click or tap, the customer can switch from floor cast app type to another and so on. Viewing the floor in different patterns and styles within seconds can help customers assess and select the best one instantly.
- Save and Share: A number of apps available in the market allow the customers to take pictures of the visualized floors, save them and even share them with their friends for reviews. It certainly helps them to get more reviews and opinions before finalizing a particular design.
How Do Businesses Benefit?
Imagine two retail stores offering flooring designs, materials and installation services. Each one of them maintains a catalogue for the customers to choose from. However, one of the stores takes it a step further through an AR-based floor visualization tool. Undoubtedly, this store would benefit in a number of ways:
- Improved customer engagement
- Maintained lead vs. the competition
- Increased lead generation
- Better customer satisfaction
- Positive customer reviews and credentials
- Quick and easy quotes
Find out how your business can use an AR Flooring App like Floori.io
- Website Integration/Mobile App: Add Floori to your website or use it as a mobile app to give your customers a convenient floor shopping experience from the comfort of their homes. A customer would simply need to click the picture of the target room or area and upload it to the website or app. After that, he or she simply needs to select different floor designs, materials and patterns to visualize their floors and select their favorites.
- In-home Sales Appointments: A business may also offer on-site visits to local customers. The business’s representatives would visit the customer’s place with a mobile device and demonstrate different floorings options in AR, live for various sections or rooms of the property.
- Furnishing Stores: It’s not just about the hardwood floors, ceramic or vinyl tiles and other concrete floors. Even a furnishing store that sells rugs and carpets may also benefit out of this technology. Using a visualization app or tool, any such store can allow its customers to visualize their spaces with rugs and carpets in different styles, designs, colors and more.
That’s not all! The AR flooring tools can also be of great significance as marketing tools. Find out how.
- Large Tablet Display Stands: If you own a brick-and-mortar flooring store, you can install an interactive tablet stand pre-loaded with an AR flooring app. The visitors to your store would find it impressive to interact and view digital catalogues on their own on a large display. Also, they may email pictures of their homes or offices for use in the tablet display stand.
Such stands may prove as wonderful marketing tools at exhibitions and trade fairs. Again, the visitors to these events would enjoy the freedom and convenience of viewing what you offer and customize the designs for their specific needs. The chances of them contacting you later are significantly higher than without this AR shopping experience.
- Digital Marketing: These apps may also help you prepare stylish product catalogues and striking landing pages for your websites. In addition, you can use them to pitch your business more effectively on various social media platforms. Each of these marketing tactics may bring your website more traffic and generate better leads and sales.
Even Architects Can Have the Advantage of using flooring software.
Another group of individuals taking interest for flooring software are architects and interior designers. Usually, these professionals have a tough time meeting the expectations of their clients in creating the perfect floors. With the help of an AR-powered app, they can serve their clients better and enjoy advantages like:
- Faster turnaround
- Easy customization to match the overall room layout
- New and innovative designs
- Precise floor plans for each room
- Dictation tools for easy-to-add notes
- Multiple projects and clients simultaneously
What about the Real Estate Agents?
The type of floors a property can have may contribute significantly towards the overall floor plan you wish to show the real estate buyers. With a quick catalogue in hand that showcases every room of a house with different floor styles, you can much more effectively draw the customer’s interest. As a real estate agent, you can create such catalogues with the help of an AR flooring tool.
And, what are the advantages of doing so?
- Make your property listing stand apart in the crowd
- Flaunt your concerns about the customers’ needs
- Better click-through rate for listings
- Give your customers precise ideas about space usability
All these benefits combine to help real estate agents in marketing and selling their listing.
As you can see, an AR-based creates a win-win situation for every individual associated with a property. It can be concluded that technology has conquered another human ability – the ability to imagine.