Flooring Retailers Optimistic About Rug Business in 2024
Rise in Custom and Large-Sized Rug Sales Marks 2024 Flooring Trends
As the calendar turns to 2024, the flooring industry is witnessing a significant trend – a surge in the popularity of custom and large-sized rugs among flooring retailers. This emerging pattern in flooring trends for 2024 is catalyzing optimism, particularly with the increasing demand for custom and fabricated rugs that complement hard surface flooring options.
Retailers’ Insights and Best Sellers
- Baker Bros, Phoenix: President Phil Koufidakis notes a shift in customer preferences towards custom products and larger-sized rugs. The best-selling rug at Baker Bros is Dalyn’s Calisa, known for its durability and versatility in both finished and custom sizes.
- The Carpet Exchange, Denver: CEO Bruce Odette attributes the steady demand for area rugs to ongoing home remodels. Top sellers include the Roxy collection by Kas and Theory by Loloi, both acclaimed for their soft plushness and suitability for high-traffic areas.
- CarpetSourceUSA, Albuquerque: Owner Don Lovato emphasizes the growing segment of custom rugs made from broadloom. Their best seller, Vintage Grace from Karastan, is favored for its subtle pattern and sophisticated texture.
- Hadinger Flooring, Naples, Florida: CEO Susan Hadinger expects strong rug sales, with a diverse inventory ranging from machine-made to hand-knotted rugs. Popular selections include Jaipur Living’s Genesis and Jaunty’s Soho collections, known for their vibrant colors and quality craftsmanship.
- The Rug Rack, Chattanooga, Tennessee: Owner Miriam Thompson focuses on the importance of local shopping and personal interaction in selecting rugs. Their best seller, Criss Cross from LR Home, is noted for its understated design and affordability.
- Ted’s Floors & Beyond, Anniston, Alabama: President Ron Hurley highlights their commitment to custom rugs, with Stanton’s Ripplewater as their top pick for its unique metallic sheen and customizability.
The year 2024 looks promising for the rug sector within the flooring industry. Retailers are adapting to changing consumer preferences, with a notable tilt towards custom-made and larger-sized rugs. The demand is further buoyed by the ongoing trend of home remodeling and personalization.
Industry Impact Analysis
This trend is significant for stakeholders in the flooring industry, including manufacturers, distributors, and retailers. The shift towards custom and larger-sized rugs presents new opportunities for innovation in design and materials. It also underscores the importance of adapting to changing consumer preferences and the potential of personalized marketing strategies.
The sectors most impacted by this trend include home decor, interior design, and manufacturing. The increasing demand for custom rugs could stimulate advancements in manufacturing technologies and design software, potentially leading to collaborations between tech companies and flooring manufacturers.